The AZ Awards, the only international, multi-disciplinary design competition in Canada is finally found its 13 winners. The total participants are 621 entries to a shortlist of 60 finalists. From there, they selected those 13 winners. The prestigious international jury were selected to choose the best proposal design among those participants. The judges are included architect Imola Bérczi of UNStudio (Amsterdam), designer Jeffrey Bernett of Consultants for Design Strategy (New York), interior designer Elaine Cecconi of Cecconi Simone (Toronto), landscape designer Jennifer Guthrie of Gustafson Guthrie Nichol (Seattle), architect Brigitte Shim of Shim-Sutcliffe Architects (Toronto) and Mike Keilhauer of Keilhauer (Toronto).
Representing a global snapshot of the world of architecture and design, submissions were open to designers, architects, firms and manufacturers of all disciplines, as well as students in these fields. The participants are coming from more than 30 countries around the world. and here are the top 13 and crowned as the winner of this 2012 AZURE Magazine’s AZ Awards.
1. V4 House by Studio MK27
2. Tori Tori Restaurant by Rojkind Arquitectos
3. Sunset Chapel by BNKR Arquitectura
4. Nike Football Training Centre, Soweto by RUFproject
5. Infinite Variety: Three Centuries of Red and White Quilts by Thinc
6. InBetween House by Koji Tsutsui Architect & Associates
7. Two Hulls House by MacKay-Lyons Sweetapple Architects
8. TIFF Bell Lightbox by KPMB Architects
9. Winnipeg Skating Shelters by Patkau Architects
10. Alchemist by Rene Gonzalez Architect
11. LYCS Architecture Office by LYCS Architecture
12.Sugar Beach by Claude Cormier + Associés
13. New Logica by Valcucine