The international design competition, Piraeus Museum for Underwater Antiquities Competition, was held to seek the best proposal entry to Redesign of the existing cereals stock house building facilities (silo) and its surrounding open space into a museum for underwater antiquities and Regeneration of part of the Piraeus Port Authority (PPA) Coastal Zone – transformation into an open public space for out door activities.
After choosing the best of the best proposal, the jury finally announced five winning projects and nine honorable mentions. Here are the fife winners of this competition.
– 1st Prize: Antonopoulos Evangelos, Vetta Thalia, Gavalas Georgios, Riga Maria – Kiriaki, Stamouli Anastasia, Pilarinou Maria
– 2nd Prize: Uleia Andrei, Traian Bompa, Cristina Chelarescu
– 3rd Prize: Kizis Ioannis, Kizis Konstantinos, Mpelavilas Nikolaos, Trova Vasileia
– 4th Prize: sparch SAKELLARIDOU / PAPANIKOLAOU ARCHITECTS (Dr. Sakellaridou Eirini, Papanikolaou Morpho, Mavrou Chrysokona)
– 5fth Prize: Ventura Trindade Architects LDA, Joao Maria Ventura Trindade, Site Specific – Architecture LDA, Patricia Marques Costa
News/Image Source: bustler.net